What kind of summer jobs are available?
You must submit a fully completed job application to be considered for any of our summer student jobs.
Positions include: counsellors, instructors, kitchen, camp store, grounds crew, production crew, nursing students, administrators and many, many more. Read the full job descriptions below.
Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Summer student job application process
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION
To submit an application you will need:
- Your name, address and contact information.
- Your education and work history.
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references – they cannot be friends or relatives. They should have a good knowledge of your character, experience and suitability to work with children. The system will automatically email a form directly to your references.
- All relevant qualifications and experience with dates.
- You will be asked to choose up to three positions according to your preference. You will be able to view job descriptions for each position at that time.
Your application is complete when all three of your references have replied to our request on your behalf. If you are chosen to move forward in the process, you will receive an email, offering you an interview.
For additional information, click on the following links. If you have any questions about your application, contact a member of our Human Resources Department at 416-495-6960 or send us an email at email@example.com
- Police Checks are required for all accepted job applicants.
We thank all applicants for considering Muskoka Woods as a place of employment. Please only contact us for an interview if you have received an invitation email. If you have any questions about your application, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since we use the interview as an opportunity to get to know you, we request that you either come into our Scarborough or Rosseau offices, or arrange for a video conference call (Skype).
As a general rule, our interviews take place from Monday – Friday (8am – 4pm).
Additional interview dates (in Scarborough):
- Saturday, January 12, 2019
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 (evening)
- Saturday, February 2, 2019
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 (evening)
If you are not a Canadian Citizen, you will need to have immigration papers/documents in order to work in Canada at Muskoka Woods. You should fall into one of the following categories:
- You wish to stay in Canada for a longer period of time, and either work or travel before and/or after your employment at Muskoka Woods. In order to do this, you would need to apply for a working holiday visa or become part of the International Experience Canada Program (IEC). This is a process that you would do on your own, it is not dependent upon information from Muskoka Woods.
- You wish to work for Muskoka Woods for one or more seasons, and then you plan to return home. In this case, you may apply for a Reciprocal Interests Work Permit. Once you have successfully been offered a job with Muskoka Woods, you will be provided with the necessary instructions.
As an international applicant, you will be required to have a video conference.
Once hired, international staff will be considered employees and must obtain a Social Insurance Number and complete a TD1 Tax Form to determine their status in Canada for tax purposes. This will be provided upon employment with Muskoka Woods.
**Please note: International staff will be subject to non-resident Canada tax laws. It is important for you to have all the information before applying. Please click here to find out more.
Why not consider multi-season employment?
If you have any questions regarding Canadian employment, please contact Diane Huff – email@example.com
Jamie Groves Bursary Fund
Jamie Groves was a natural leader, serving as a lifeguard in Summer 1993. Sadly, a few months later, he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away at 19. The Jamie Groves Bursary Fund was created in his memory, funding hundreds of bursaries to exceptional summer staff. Financial support makes it possible for these young adults, with demonstrated financial need, to work at camp, rather than seek alternative summer employment to offset the cost of post-secondary education.
Since its inception in 2005, the Jamie Groves Bursary Fund has awarded bursaries to Muskoka Woods summer staff. The financial support offered through the bursary makes it possible for students who have clear financial need to serve as summer staff at Muskoka Woods, knowing that funds are available to assist with costly university or college fees.
- Bursary is limited to Summer Camp staff only.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university, work for a mission organization or be a recent graduate.
- Bursary is limited to Muskoka Woods return staff (this includes previous employment as Fall, Winter and Spring staff).
- Applicants must demonstrate clear financial need due to previous school debt.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities and potential.
- Strong emphasis is placed on applicant’s character references.
If you meet these requirements, please complete the linked application no later than 5 p. m. on Friday, March 29, 2019. If you have any questions about the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jamie Groves Bursary Committee