2023-2024 Camp Store CORE
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
From September to June, the Schools & Groups program and the Leadership Studio provide life-changing experiences for youth and adults. Throughout the year Muskoka Woods serves more than 25,000 students in grades 6 to 12, numerous corporate groups, and a variety of church retreats.
The primary role of The Camp Store CORE, along side our full-time Camp Store Manager, is to provide excellent customer service to our staff and guests that includes training program staff, supervising shifts, reconciling tills, receiving and managing inventory, as well as daily cleaning and organizing of the store. The Camp Store CORE moves into a supervisory position in the summer that includes training, coaching and performance review of our young seasonal staff. Camp Store CORE also sit on the larger CORE team that champions our BELLS and leads community life here at Muskoka Woods. The CORE team are responsible to plan and participate in social events and community initiatives, come along side staff when needed in work and life, and are responsible to contribute to the overall training of staff in our Staff Development Weeks that are held throughout the year. CORE staff are also required to lead a staff small group and conduct One to Ones.
**Please note: All positions are required to work in other areas including program, washing dishes, housekeeping, grounds keeping and snow removal, and office coverage.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Camp Store CORE applicants must have leadership experience, a customer service mindset, be able to take initiative, be attentive to details, and have administrative, organizational and computer skills. Applicants must also have the desire to work with young staff during our summer months and to create a positive, encouraging and fun atmosphere. All CORE applicants must also have a passion for community, be personable, approachable, and friendly and have a desire to come alongside people and journey through life with individuals. Experience in retail and/or food service is preferred.
$300.00 /week plus room and board
September 3, 2023 - September 1, 2024
Please note that employees hired into this position are required to take unpaid time off from December 8th, 2023 to January 4th, 2024 Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in activities for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Be able to lead small and large group activities
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well in person and on the phone with staff and guests
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.