Jamie Groves Bursary Fund
Jamie Groves was a natural leader, serving as a lifeguard in Summer 1993. Sadly, a few months later, he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away at 19. The Jamie Groves Bursary Fund was created in his memory, funding hundreds of bursaries to exceptional summer staff. Financial support makes it possible for these young adults, with demonstrated financial need, to work at camp, rather than seek alternative summer employment to offset the cost of post-secondary education.
Since its inception in 2005, the Jamie Groves Bursary Fund has awarded bursaries to Muskoka Woods summer staff. The financial support offered through the bursary makes it possible for students who have clear financial need to serve as summer staff at Muskoka Woods, knowing that funds are available to assist with costly university or college fees.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university, work for a mission organization or be a recent graduate. (Graduated from college/university within the past 6 months)
- Applicants must demonstrate clear financial need due to accumulated school debt and/or support for your upcoming school year.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities and potential.
- Strong emphasis is placed on applicant’s character references.
- Bursary is limited to Muskoka Woods return staff (this includes previous employment as Fall, Winter and/or Spring staff).
If you meet these requirements, please complete the linked application along with 2 references no later than 5pm on April 3, 2023. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jamie Groves Bursary Committee