- Muskoka Woods is located in Northern Ontario (about 2.5 hours north of Toronto) and is situated on the beautiful Lake Rosseau. Here’s more information on Ontario, the province Muskoka Woods is located in: https://www.ontario.ca/page/about-ontario
- In summer, temperatures can soar above 30℃ (86℉), while in winter they can drop below -30℃ (-22℉)
- It is not uncommon to see raccoons, skunks, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, turtles and fish while walking around our property and shoreline
- If you’re lucky, you may catch a glimpse of a black bear or moose
- The water at Muskoka Woods is safe to drink
The following vaccinations are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Before you travel, the following vaccines should be reviewed and updated if necessary.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
Pearson International Airport (Toronto)
Your specific start and end dates are discussed in your interview, and are also indicated in your contract. Some international staff choose to arrive earlier than their start date and spend time with friends, family or touring Toronto before their trip to Camp. This is definitely advisable if you are coming from a different time zone. Staff Development Week is quite full and requires you to be at your best. An opportunity to adjust to the time change beforehand is helpful.
We will assist you in getting to camp by picking you up at the airport or helping you make other arrangements by bus. Specific details will be given on an individual basis.
We will also help arrange to get you back to the City or the airport when your contract ends.
- Year Round Staff (winter, spring, fall) – you will receive individual details
- Summer Camp – At the end of the summer staff contract, a bus will leave Muskoka Woods at 5pm on the last day and will go directly to Pearson International Airport. You would be able to catch your late night flight after arriving at the airport at 8pm or take the UP express to any public transportation point. Some staff choose a departure flight a few days later and either stay with friends from Camp or stay at a hotel/hostel, then make their own way back to the airport. The airport has wifi and restaurants.
Unfortunately, yes! The amount is dependant upon your personal circumstances. You will be required to fill out a TD1 tax form in your onboarding. Please take a moment to read the Canadian Tax for Non-Residents form to ensure you fully understand the deductions.
Weekly pay ranges are indicated in all job postings and are discussed in your interview. Your bi-weekly pay will be indicated in your contract. Room and Board is provided at no extra cost. Many of our staff choose Muskoka Woods in order to gain experience with children, to participate in our high quality leadership training, and to join in on an experience for a lifetime.
Year round staff are paid bi-weekly, you will be required to open a Canadian bank account and cheques will be deposited directly.
Summer Camp staff (non leadership) are paid 3 times throughout the summer. You may choose to open your own Canadian bank account, or you can cash your cheques in our Business Office (some rules apply).
Counsellors stay in cabins with the guests, all other staff stay in shared accommodations, most with a separate washroom facility.
All staff stay in bunk beds. You may make a roommate request in the onboarding section of your application.
The storage space is limited, it’s important to keep that in mind when packing. Some staff choose to purchase small, plastic drawer sets to help keep their belongings organized. You will need to supply your own bedding and towels. (in most cases, we offer an opportunity to stop at Walmart on your way to Camp).
Muskoka Woods Attn: YOUR NAME
P.O. Box 130
4585 Highway 141
The Resort phone number is (705) 732-4373. Messages will be taken for staff.
Complimentary WIFI is available around Camp. It can be intermittent due to the rural proximity of our Camp. You may bring your own laptop. Muskoka Woods is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
There are many things to do! Our facility provides many options for physical activity, hanging out with friends, and quiet down time. Muskoka Woods hires staff to coordinate community events in order to enrich your time spent with us living and working in community. Muskoka Woods is located approximately ½ hour from three towns to go shopping, out for dinner, see a movie, and explore: Bracebridge. Huntsville and Parry Sound
Year Round: All staff are welcome to leave property on their weekly and daily time off. Transportation is provided on a weekly basis. Other activities include:
- Weekly Town Runs – to either Bracebridge, Huntsville or Parry Sound
- Weekly Church run
- Weekly Social Events run by staff teams such as camp wide games, Karaoke nights, board games in the staff lounge, and gym nights.
- Seasonal activities such as swimming and kayaking, hikes and campfires, snowshoeing and winter tubing
- Participate in leadership studio programs
- End of season celebration parties
Summer Camp Activities: All staff are permitted to leave property ONLY on their assigned weekly 24 hours off. Other activities include:
- Fuzion (staff only fun at activities)
- Staff Running Squad
- Soulhouse (worship services)
- Breakfast on the beach
- Outdoor movie night
- Can Jams – live music at the coffee can
- Morning workouts
- Trips to Abby’s Bakehouse
- Smores & Sunsets at Woods Lake
- Pizza Night
- Town Runs to Walmart
**Please note – activities are subject to change
If you have ANY other questions, please feel free to email email@example.com and our our HR team would be very happy to answer any of your questions.