Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
To provide a safe and guest ready facility through performing tasks related to grounds, facilities, building
maintenance and program support while contributing to the overall vision and mission of Muskoka Woods.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintenance, repair and scheduled service to buildings, fixtures, appliances, utilities, plumbing,
electrical & mechanical systems
- Service, repair and replace motors, pumps, HVAC, lighting, kitchen equipment and electrical & wiring
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and make minor purchases as required
- Perform daily inspections on the building systems
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Equipment management such as housekeeping vacuum repair, washer & dryer repairs, light bulb
replacement and furniture & equipment assembly and movement.
- Carpentry and repairs to buildings, including drywall, wall coverings, windows, flooring, plumbing,
appliances and furniture & fixtures.
- Routine checks of assigned areas to identify and correct any problems
- Respond to maintenance ticketing system in a timely manner and to the highest degree of quality.
- Comply with all requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy, being aware of
responsibilities and acting accordingly and working in the safest possible manner.
- May supervise other workers
- Participating in all required corporate events including training days, team meetings, town halls and the
- Building and Property maintenance experience.
- Skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, small engines, and grounds keeping are all assets.
- G Driver’s license
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Core Leaves
- Have physical strength & ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs (ie. vacuum cleaner, garbage bags,
boxes and inventory).
- Be able to stoop, bend, and crouch.
- Have the energy and stamina to work 6 to 8 hours of physical labour daily