2021-2022 Staff Coach CORE
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world
From September to June, the Schools & Groups program and the Leadership Studio provide life-changing experiences for youth and adults. Throughout the year Muskoka Woods serves more than 25,000 students in grades 6 to 12, from numerous corporate groups, and a variety of church retreats.
The primary role of the Staff Coach is to work alongside the Human Resources team to care for and minister to the staff individually and as a staff community. The Staff Coach is responsible to coordinate and execute staff experiences for personal, spiritual and social development. Activities include planning and organizing our weekly staff service (Cadence) including booking speakers and worship teams, leading a weekly Going Deeper bible study, speaking at Cadence and Staff Weeks, planning small groups and questions, matching one to one mentoring relationships amongst staff as well as spearheading social activities. The Staff Coach CORE also sit on the larger CORE team that champions our BELLS and leads community life here at Muskoka Woods. The CORE team are responsible to plan and participate in social events and community initiatives, come along side staff when needed in work and life, and are responsible to contribute to the overall training of staff in our Staff Development Weeks that are held throughout the year. CORE staff are also required to lead a staff small group and conduct One to Ones.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Staff are required to abide by all COVID-19 standard operating procedures including enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols within their department, in assigned areas outside of their department, and in all community living/gathering spaces.
**Please note: All positions are required to work in other areas including program, washing dishes, housekeeping, grounds keeping and snow removal, and office coverage.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Staff Coach applicants must have a heart for ministry and people, be personable, approachable, and friendly and have a desire to come along side people and journey through life with individuals. Applicants must have administration experience, be attentive to detail, be able to schedule and organize people and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience speaking in front of small and large groups, and proven ministry experience is required.
$200 - 220/week plus room and board
September 26 2021 - Sept 2 2022
*Please note if you are an international staff member you may need to arrive prior to this start date.
Please note that employees hired into this position are required to take unpaid time off from December 15th, 2021 to January 5th, 2022 Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in activities for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Be able to lead small and large group activities
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well in person and on the phone with staff and guests
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- NEW: Due to our congregant living setting and work with children and youth, all seasonal staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.