Counsellor – CEO
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Program department has the overall responsibility of our guests and supervises them in their cabins, at meal times, during free time and in evening programs.
The CEO Counsellor’s primary responsibiltiy within this department is to journey alongside the guests as they walk through and experience our 4 week long CEO leadership program. Counsellors live in the CEO Lodge with the guests, eat all meals with the group and are also responsible for meeting with their guests one to one, planning and participating in evening programs, and facilitating small group Convo Cafe conversations. In this role you would spend a larger amount of time with your guests than any other counselling role at MW as you journey with the guests over the course of the program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Counsellors must be able to facilitate cabin discussions, manage group dynamics, build relationships and create a safe yet fun cabin culture. Staff must be able to manage their time well, have excellent attention to detail, and be wise in decision making. Staff must be supportive, patient, energetic and have good communication and interpersonal skills with adults and children. Previous experience with children and/or youth is preferred.
$150 – $180 per week plus room and board
June 23 - September 1, 2023
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in and lead small and large group activities throughout the day
- Have the ability to communicate well in person and on the phone.
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.