Staff Coach – Community Life
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
Muskoka Woods believes that pouring into our staff and providing wholistic care for each person will result in an overflow of safety and care for our guests. To make that a reality, Muskoka Woods hires a team of Staff Coaches that are responsible to lead community initiatives, champion our ministry to staff and come along side staff as needed. The primary role of the Community Life Staff Coach is to coordinate all community life events such as Town Hang, Staff Snack, staff socials and other events. Staff Coaches are also responsible to support our community through leading large and small group events, conducting one to one’s, and supporting the overall staff team where necessary and bring insight to the overall well being of our community and staff. All Staff Coaches are required to attend team meetings, lead small groups, attend Soul House, support Cadence, drive for hospital runs, and conduct One to Ones.
Leadership staff are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Staff Coaches must have a heart for ministry and people, have excellent communication skills, be personable, approachable, and friendly and have a desire to come along side people and journey through life with individuals. Applicants must have proven ministry experience. The Community Life Staff Coach must have leadership experience and be able to schedule, plan and implement activities/programs. Muskoka Woods experience is preferred.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
June 4 - September 1, 2023
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.