Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support department encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The primary role of the Security staff within this department is to monitor the premises and ensure a safe and secure facility from early evening until early morning. Security staff ensures that all staff and guests adhere to outlined camp curfews through patrolling the campus, monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees and visitors throughout the evening. Security staff are also required to write reports and daily activities, irregularities, or unusual occurrences including reporting on staff and guests not abiding by resort rules. Security Staff are assigned to the Maitre ‘d schedule as well as holding opening day responsibilities.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
Full Summer Bonus
Each support employee who commits their entire summer (with some exceptions for Classic) will qualify for a $300 bonus to be given at the end of the summer.
June 21 - August 30, 2024
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.