CREW Section Head
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Program department has the overall responsibility of our guests and supervises them in their cabins, at meal times, during free time and in evening programs.
The CREW Section Head’s primary responsibility within this department is to create and execute programs for our guests ages 15 – 16 years old that are safe, fun, developmentally focused and age-appropriate. Section Heads provide leadership to the counsellors in their section including training, coaching and performance review. Section Heads are also responsible to assist with guest issues, provide great customer service and liaise with parents when needed.
Leadership staff are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Section Heads must have strong leadership skills including: planning, organizing and administration, time management, conflict resolution, and strong communication skills both oral and written. All staff must have a customer service mindset. We are looking for leaders who are energetic, creative and have the ability to design, plan and implement programs. Previous leadership experience, working with youth, running programs and working at summer camps is required.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
May 29 - September 1, 2023
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in and lead small and large group activities throughout the day
- Have the ability to communicate well in person and on the phone.
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.