WILD Program Director
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Program department has the overall responsibility of our guests and supervises them in their cabins, at meal times, during free time and in evening programs.
The WILD Program Director’s primary responsibility within is this department is to oversee the design and delivery of all evening programs for kids ages 6 to 8 years old. The WILD Program Director champions our Customer Service standards of Safety, Detail, Sizzle and Development as well as provides leadership to the Section Head and counsellors including training, coaching and performance review. Program Directors are responsible for all guest issues and liaise with parents when needed. Program Directors lead and participate in daily and weekly meetings and support the team as required.
Summer Directors are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
The WILD Program Director must have strong leadership skills including: planning, organizing and administration, time management, conflict resolution, and strong communication skills both oral and written. All staff must have a customer service mindset. Previous leadership experience, working with youth, running programs and working at summer camps is required.
$300 - $330 per week plus room and board
May 8 - September 2, 2023
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in and lead small and large group activities throughout the day
- Have the ability to communicate well in person and on the phone.
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.