Production Crew – Operations
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The primary role of the Production Crew within this department is to assist in providing quality and creative programming by delivering a professional and seamless experience through audio, visual, lighting and set preparations. The Production Crew supports all production needs for Cadence, Impact, Spark, evening activities, Cabin Chat, Conversation Cafe and other events as required. Production Operations staff are responsible to support all audio, visual, lighting and set-up needs of their assigned section including moving, lifting, set up and takedown of staging (stages, tarps, tables, tents etc.) and equipment. (speakers, microphones, lights etc.) A typical schedule in Production is varied throughout the week depending on the program needs of each day and week that includes daytime and evening work.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Applicants must be attentive to detail, have a strong work ethic, be willing to do physical labour, be able to work independently and on a team, enjoy a flexible schedule that includes working evenings. Production Crew must have related experience in audio, visual, lighting, sound and video.
$150 – $180 per week plus room and board
June 23 - September 1, 2023
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.