Instructor Kraken Waterslide
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Arts & Athletics department has the overall responsibility of providing our amazing daily activities that inspire youth to try new things, learn new skills, grow in confidence and of course have fun!
The Kraken Instructor’s primary responsibility within this department is to provide activity instruction while creating a safe environment for our guests to play and challenge themselves, make new friends and have fun! Instructors are responsible to implement daily lesson plans in their assigned area through energetic participation and quality, intentional instruction. A typical day for a Kraken instructor is to work shifts between 9am and 7pm overseeing the Kraken Waterslide. Daily team meetings and set up and clean up are required at the beginning and end of each day. Instructors will help operate the Stayover Program for guests staying multiple weeks by leading and staying in a guest cabin, running activities and will be assigned to a cleaning team. Instructors are also responsible to assist in evening programs where assigned and participate in assigned duties on Sunday Arrival.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Instructors must be able to facilitate and instruct their area of assignment as well as manage group dynamics, build relationships and create a safe yet fun activity experience. Staff must be able to manage their time well, have excellent attention to detail, and be wise in decision making. Staff must be supportive, patient, energetic and have good communication and interpersonal skills with children. Previous experience with children and youth is preferred.
$110 - $140 per week plus room and board
June 23 - September 1, 2023
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in activities for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Be able to lead small and large group activities
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.