Health Care Centre Driver
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support department encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
Under the supervision and direction of the HCC Managers, the Health Care Centre Driver is responsible to drive a camp vehicle for scheduled medical appointments for staff and guests, for emergency hospital runs, and run errands as assigned.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule including being “on call”, be calm in emergency situations, be able to take initiative with time management and people and value customer service and guest care. Applicants must also have strong communication skills with both youth and adults. Applicants must be 21 and have a full G license with an outstanding driving record.
$150 – $180 per week plus room and board
Full Summer Bonus
Each support employee who commits their entire summer (with some exceptions for Classic) will qualify for a $300 bonus to be given at the end of the summer.
June 21 - August 30, 2024
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.