Health Care Centre Crew
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The Health Care Centre staff’s primary role within this department is to provide emergency and daily health care to our staff and guests through scheduled clinics, on call support and emergency response. Staff are responsible for communicating with parents, triage, charting, assessment, administration of medications, cleaning and sterilizing equipment, night call with a partner as well as assessment and assisting the presiding MD as required.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
HCC staff members must have general knowledge of nursing, CPR and first aid as well as be able to respond in emergencies and think under pressure. HCC staff members must also have the ability to represent Muskoka Woods well in communicating healthcare information to parents in a timely and appropriate manner. All applicants must be enrolled in a nursing program or equivalent healthcare related degree.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
June 23 - September 1, 2023
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.