Health Care Centre Assistant
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support department encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
As part of the Healthcare Centre team at Muskoka Woods, you will become part of a collaborative team of healthcare professionals and will work under the supervision of the Healthcare Centre Manager and Director.
In this role, you will assist with the summer’s medical screening for all guests attending camp during the summer months. This is an administrative role where you will be required to work through medical form reports, screen guests and relay that information to the appropriate department. In addition to medical screening, the person chosen for the role will help with guest care and health promotion by ensuring that protocols under infection control are being executed properly. As well as complete other tasks as requested by the Healthcare Centre Manager and Director.
We are looking for an individual who is organized, a team player and is able to multitask.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
The HCC Assistant will work with the HCC Manager to assist with the summer medical screening and manage, update and edit multiple reports to keep them up to date with current information. The HCC Assistant will apply appropriate flags to guests’ profiles and act as a liaison between the HCC and other departments. They will ensure proper health promotion and infection control measures. They will manage confidential information and complete other tasks as requested by the HCC leadership team.
$150 – $180 per week plus room and board
Full Summer Bonus
Each support employee who commits their entire summer (with some exceptions for Classic) will qualify for a $300 bonus to be given at the end of the summer.
June 10 – August 30, 2024
Please note: in order to properly train for this position, we require the HCC Assistant to start on or around June 10, 2024.
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.