Guest Relations Specialist
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The primary role of the Guest Relations Specialist is to provide excellent customer service to our guests and parents for a seamless experience before, during, and after their child’s week at camp. The GRS will manage guest information and registration details including, but not limited to: payments, personal information, transportation, and store account; and will be responsible for responding to incoming customer inquiries over the phone, email, and live chat. In addition, this role is responsible for preparing and distributing summer reports.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
GRS’s must have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills and be friendly, courteous and professional. GRS’s must be comfortable communicating by phone and email, display competence in working with details, have strong analytical skills, be able to effectively problem solve, and focus in a fast paced office environment. Customer service and administrative experience are required.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
mid April (remote) – September 1, 2023
**Please note that the Guest Relations Specialist is required to start part time training remotely in April (flexible start date). Minimum Wage will be paid for hourly training leading up to the summer. They will then move to the Resort on Sunday June 18, 2023.
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.