Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The primary role of a Camp Photograher is to capture authentic moments of children having fun at camp through activities, laughing and playing with friends, and enjoying evening programs. Responsibilities include: using a smartphone to take 300-400 photos of guests per day during activities and evening programs of assigned age groups or as otherwise assigned, reviewing and uploading photos to the online photo gallery within the Camp app, ensuring all safety and brand guidelines are followed, and checking the photo list daily to ensure photos are taken of each child. Additional responsibilities may include: assisting in creating content for social media via photos and videos, attending daily and weekly team meetings, and other tasks as assigned.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
The Camp Photographer must be proficient with a smartphone, and thoroughly enjoy taking lots of photos! Applicants must also have effective time management skills, excellent attention to detail, and be wise in decision making. Staff must be supportive, patient, energetic and have good communication and interpersonal skills with children and youth.
$150 – $180 per week plus room and board
June 23 - September 1, 2023
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.