Arts & Athletic Director
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Arts & Athletics department has the overall responsibility of providing our amazing daily activities that inspire youth to try new things, learn new skills, grow in confidence and of course have fun!
An Arts & Athletic Director’s primary responsibility within this department is to oversee the delivery of their assigned areas and activities as well as champion our Customer Service standards of Safety, Detail, Sizzle and Development. They provide leadership to the Area Heads including training, coaching and performance review. Arts & Athletic Directors are responsible for tasks including activity lesson plans, equipment and facilities management, staff issues, and day-to-day problem-solving. Arts & Athletics Directors lead and participate in daily and weekly meetings and support the team as required.
Summer Directors are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Arts & Athletic Directors must have strong leadership skills including: inspiring a vision, creating a positive team culture, setting the pace, training and coaching staff, organization and administration, time management, conflict resolution, and both oral and written communication. We are looking for energetic leaders who have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to take initiative and work in high-stress situations. Previous leadership experience, working with youth, running programs and working at summer camps is required.
$300 - $330 per week plus room and board
May 8 - September 2, 2023
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in activities for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Be able to lead small and large group activities
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.