Area Head – Kraken Waterslide
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Arts & Athletics department has the overall responsibility of providing our amazing daily activities that inspire youth to try new things, learn new skills, grow in confidence and of course have fun!
The Area Head’s primary responsibility within this department is to create, oversee and execute activities for their assigned area(s) that are safe, fun, developmentally focused and age-appropriate. Area Heads provide leadership to the instructors in their area(s) including training, coaching and performance review. Area Heads are responsible to assist with equipment and facilities management, guest issues, and provide great customer service. A typical day for a Kraken Area Head is to work shifts between 9am and 7pm overseeing the Kraken Waterslide. Daily meetings with your team as well as set up and clean up are required at the beginning and end of each day.
Leadership staff are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Area Head applicants must be energetic, have the ability to plan and implement programs for skill development and fun, with strong skills in organization, administration, time management, conflict resolution, and communication both oral and written. Previous leadership experience, working with youth, running programs, and working at summer camps is required.
Previous experience working at waterparks or amusement parks would be considered an asset.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
June 4 - September 1, 2023
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in activities for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Be able to lead small and large group activities
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.