Timbergrove Lodge Host
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
Timbergrove Lodge has the privilege of hosting our partner groups, supported by the Foundation, throughout the summer. Timbergrove Lodge guests enjoy a daily hosted activity schedule as well as special evening events planned just for them including tubing, ropes course activities and campfires. Timbergrove Lodge Staff create an experience for the guests that builds confidence, friendships, memories and of course to have fun! The TGL Host Instructors are responsible to journey with the group throughout the week by fostering safety, leading activities, participating in events, developing relationships and capturing stories.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
TGL staff must be able to facilitate and instruct activities as well as manage group dynamics, build relationships and create a safe yet fun activity experience. Staff must be able to manage their time well, have excellent attention to detail, and be wise in decision making. Staff must be supportive, patient, energetic and have good communication and interpersonal skills with adults and children. Previous experience with youth is preferred.
$120 - $150 per week plus room and board
June 25 - September 3, 2021
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.