Winter/Spring – 2024 – Studio Host
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
From September to June, the Schools & Groups program and the Leadership Studio provide life-changing experiences for youth and adults. Throughout the year Muskoka Woods serves more than 25,000 students in grades 6 to 12, numerous corporate groups, and a variety of church retreats.
From September to June, the Schools & Groups program and the Leadership Studio provide life-changing experiences for youth and adults. Throughout the year Muskoka Woods serves more than 25,000 students in grades 6 to 12, from numerous corporate and church groups. The primary role of the Studio Host is to support our full-time Leadership Studio staff in leading and facilitating activities and providing program for our guests. Hosts are responsible to create and maintain a welcoming and inviting atmosphere in the Studio and provide excellent customer service to all guests. Studio Hosts regularly provide hospitality services in the Studio including food service, cleaning, dishwashing and firewood management.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
**Please note: All positions are required to work in other areas including program, washing dishes, housekeeping, grounds keeping and snow removal, and office coverage.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth. Leadership Studio applicants must have strong skills in customer service, time management, conflict resolution, and communication both oral and written. Studio applicants must have a strong work ethic, be able to see details and take initiative as well as be willing to serve wherever needed including cleaning, serving and manual labour. Applicants must have an interest in leadership development and facilitation as well as be able to work with both adult and youth groups.
$185 per week plus room and board
January 7 - June 16, 2024
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Ability to participate in activities for 6 to 8 hours a day
- Be able to lead small and large group activities
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well in person and on the phone with staff and guests
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.