Winter/Spring 2024 – Nanny
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The Nanny’s primary role within this department is to be a childcare provider and family manager for families who require assistance. The nanny’s role is to provide support to the family by serving as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion and caregiver to the children. Nannies are required to supervise, play, interact, and care for the children of their assigned families. Children range in age from newborn to 13 years of age. Specific responsibilities and schedules will vary with each family.
**Please note: All positions are required to work in other areas including program, washing dishes, housekeeping, grounds keeping and snow removal, and office coverage.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Nannies must be creative, energetic, attentive to detail, able to take initiative and have the safety of their assigned children as their number one priority. Experience with children is required and first aid training is preferred.
January 7 - June 16, 2024
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.