Kitchen Service Staff Winter/Spring 2022
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world
From September to June, the Schools & Groups program and the Leadership Studio provide life-changing experiences for youth and adults. Throughout the year Muskoka Woods serves more than 25,000 students in grades 6 to 12, from numerous corporate groups, and a variety of church retreats.
The primary role of the Kitchen Service Staff within this department is to set up and manage the cold and hot buffets, juice machines, and coffee stations in each dining room. All Service Crew are also required to contribute to the overall cleanliness of the kitchen and dining hall areas through sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, garbage removal, wiping down of surfaces, sanitizing work stations and food prep areas. A typical shift for Service Staff is varied throughout the week (6:00am – 2:30pm, 11:00am – 7:30pm, 6:00am – 10:30am/4pm – 7:30pm)
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
COVID - 19: Due to our congregant living setting and work with children and youth, all seasonal staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Staff are also required to abide by all COVID-19 standard operating procedures including enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols within their department, in assigned areas outside of their department, and in all community living/gathering spaces.
**Please note: All positions are required to work in other areas including program, washing dishes, housekeeping, grounds keeping and snow removal, and office coverage.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
Kitchen staff must have a strong work ethic, have a customer service mindset, be a team player, have a postivie attitude, be willing to work early morning shifts, and perform manual labour (unloading inventory, cleaning, mopping). Experience and a desire to work within the Kitchen Industry is preferred.
$185 per week plus room and board
January 9 2022 - June 19 2022
- Have physical strength & ability to lift/move small and large objects (ie. vacuum cleaner, garbage bags, boxes, and inventory)
- Possess the ability to work for 7- 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Be able to stoop, bend, and crouch
- Have the ability to communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.