Guest Communicator Coordinator
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The Guest Communicator Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be providing leadership to the Guest Communicator Team. This will be done through training, supporting, and developing their communication skills and delivery of given content and curriculum. They will work in coordination with the Production Team and their team to provide a Muskoka Woods Signature experience. The primary focus is ensuring a seamless delivery of content at Large Group Experiences which include Spark, Impact, Convo Cafe and Cabin Chat. The Guest Communicator Coordinator will provide support to their team by leading weekly meetings as a group and meeting individually with the Guest Communicators regularly. They will also be required to attend weekly meetings with the Ministry Team, assist in Super Sunday and are assigned 4 to 6 One-2-One’s.
Leadership staff are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
The Guest Communicator Coordinator must have a heart for ministry and people, have excellent communication skills, be personal and approachable, and friendly. They must have strong leadership skills including: planning, organizing and administration, time management, conflict resolution, and strong communication skills both written and verbal. Applicants must have proven ministry and leadership experience. Muskoka Woods experience is preferred.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
May 29 - September 1, 2023
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.