Facility Maintenance and Project Staff
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau. We specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages.
To provide a safe and guest-ready facility by performing tasks related to grounds, facilities, and building maintenance and program support while contributing to the overall vision and mission of Muskoka Woods.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintenance, repair and scheduled service to buildings, fixtures, appliances, utilities, plumbing, electrical & mechanical systems
- Service, repair and replace motors, pumps, HVAC, lighting, kitchen equipment and electrical & wiring accessories
- Equipment management such as housekeeping, vacuum repair, washer & dryer repairs, light bulb replacement and furniture & equipment assembly and movement
- Carpentry and repairs to buildings, including dry wall, wall coverings, windows, flooring, plumbing, appliances and furniture & fixtures
- Routine checks of assigned areas to identify and correct any problems
- Respond to front desk and guest maintenance calls in a timely manner and to the highest degree of
- Perform trash removal (includes hand-hauling and transporting dumpsters)
- Perform “spring and fall project” tasks including painting and general repair in hotel and condo units
and common areas
- Comply with all requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy, being aware of
responsibilities and acting accordingly and working in the safest possible manner
- Participating in all required corporate events including training days, team meetings, Town Halls and
the Annual Retreat.
- Building and Property maintenance experience
- Skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, small engines, and grounds keeping are all assets
- G Driver’s license
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Core Leaves
- Have physical strength & ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs (i.e. vacuum cleaner, garbage bags, boxes and inventory)
- Able to stoop, bend, and crouch
- Have the energy and stamina to work 6 to 8 hours of physical labour daily
Apply to this job by submitting your cover letter and resume to us via e-mail using the button below.