Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world
To provide quality food service to staff and guests through day-to-day cooking operations, complying with all Health and Safety standards, proper food-handling techniques and Muskoka Woods standards; maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
Key Job Functions:
Food Preparation and Cooking
- Follow daily production list, verify recipes and quantities.
- Cook meals as assigned including all Special Diet menu items.
- Be creative in utilizing leftover inventory and adding sizzle to meals.
- Contribute ideas to the overall menu planning.
Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of kitchen.
- Participates in daily cleaning routines and schedules including the pantry, all fridges, freezer, cooking line, prep kitchen, equipment, dish area, loading docks, walk in area, floors and garbage removal.
- Receives product, verifying invoices and freshness of merchandise, puts away and organizes deliveries as required.
- Washes dishes when required.
- Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements.
Participate on the Team
- Participate in quarterly Staff Development Weeks and in on-going training with seasonal staff
- Participate in weekly/bi-weekly meetings with team and Sous Chef
- Lead shifts when scheduled including all meal prep, cooking and leadership of seasonal staff
- Participate in meetings as needed and corporate events as required. (Town Hall, Annual Retreat)
- Organizes time accordingly
- Other requests as outlined by the Sous Chef
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Hard worker with a service mindset
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods Core Values and Core Leaves
- Has 2 to 5 years experience as a cook/in an industrial kitchen
- Education in Culinary an asset
- Able to assist in the unloading of food trucks – up to 50 lbs
- Possess the ability to stand for 6-8 hours at a time