Camp Photography Coordinator
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
The Support Department at Muskoka Woods encompasses a variety of different positions that support the ministry and care of our staff and guests as well as contributing to the overall success of our excellent customer service standards.
The primary role of the Camp Photography Coordinator is to coordinate and ensure photos are posted on Bunk1 to keep parents engaged with what their children are up to at camp. By managing and executing an online photo gallery via the Bunk1 app, the Coordinator will help maintain and promote the image of Muskoka Woods. The Coordinator provides leadership to a team of Camp Photographers including training, scheduling, coaching and performance reviews. Other responsibilities include: taking photos, approving content and meeting regularly with the Production Manager. The Coordinator’s schedule will vary throughout each week including day and evening shifts.
Leadership staff are regularly assigned to the Shutdown schedule and the Dining Room Maitre'd schedule.
Leadership staff also contribute to the overall ministry to staff and are required to lead a staff small group and participate in our One to One staff mentoring program.
All leadership staff contribute to alternate duties on guest arrival and departure days as well as the weekend stayover program.
Staff are required to attend all meetings as outlined during staff training including Cadence and Small Group.
This position has the opportunity to also transition into the Summer Office Leadership position in Summer 2023.
Skills and Attributes Required
Muskoka Woods is looking for staff whose personal values match the MW Core Values which includes having a passion for working with children and youth.
The Camp Photography Coordinator must be highly organized with exceptional time management and communication skills and have a creative mindset. They must also have sound judgement of appropriateness in representing Muskoka Woods online. Applicants must have proven photography experience.
$185 - $215 per week plus room and board
June 4 - September 1, 2023
Essential Functions Required
- Be able to assist guests and staff in an emergency
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and/or staff
- Possess the ability to work for 7 to 9 hours at a time
- Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying between 10 – 30 lbs
- Have the ability to accompany guests across camp
- Have the ability to verbally communicate well with staff and guests
- All staff are required to uphold the Muskoka Woods Vision and Mission, Core Values and Aspirations, as well as all policy and procedures as outlined during our Staff Development Week held at the beginning of your contract.
- All Counsellors stay in a cabin with our guests. All other staff stay in shared staff accommodation.
Apply now via Muskoka Woods' online application process. You'll need to create an account (or use a previously created one) and apply online.