Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. We are located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau and specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
To provide support to the finance team by managing the various daily financial transactions of the organization. These duties include but are not limited to: data entry, vendor maintenance, cross-department communications and preparing financial reports while maintaining a high degree of accuracy in all areas.
Reports to: Accounting Coordinator
Employment Status: 4 month Contract
Location: Remote work from home position
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and payment requests
- Enter invoices into accounting system for payment
- Manage vendor information and communications
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Track and identify daily financials being processed through bank
- Process incoming monies for bank deposit
- Maintain Petty Cash accounts
- Help prepare and organize payments
- Update various reporting financial spreadsheets
- Organize and create account reports/account summaries for department heads
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Passionate about accounting
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and able to work with various people across the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detailed and task oriented
- Understand where relevant data is stored, be able to retrieve and compile that data into a user-friendly format
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods Core Values and Core Leaves
- A passion for ministry and a love for youth will be considered a strong asset.
- College or University Education in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting
- Have familiarity with accounting software programs, ideally Great Plains Dynamics
- Experience with EXCEL and Google Sheets
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, see and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with guests and staff.